Adapted MGOL Workshops
Our Original Mother Goose on the Loose Workshop
This interactive workshop will give you the tools to plan and facilitate the award winning, hands-on early literacy program, Mother Goose on the Loose, and increase the family engagement potential for your current programs. We will also explore the science regarding the human brain and early childhood development, and how your early childhood programs will positively impact children’s learning and family relationships.
Mother Goose on the Loose is an award winning early literacy program that is used in libraries around the county (and abroad) for parents with babies from birth to age two, although it has been successfully adapted for children up to age 5 as well. Easy to plan and easy to present, Mother Goose on the Loose seamlessly combines music, movement, books, rhymes, puppets, and fingerplays in fun ways that help children develop language and self-regulation skills.
Adapted Mother Goose on the Loose Workshops
Do you have a special storytime population? We provide variations of the traditional early literacy training that includes the following workshops:
Mama Gansa si la alcanza! / Mother Goose on the Loose en Español®
Learn how to incorporate the structure, formula, and principles of Mother Goose on the Loose into a Spanish language program while helping to build community, even if you are not a fluent Spanish speaker. Includes translated English-language classics and traditional Spanish rhymes, explores issues of cultural and linguistic sensitivity, and presents examples of ways to partner with a Spanish-speaking community member to plan and present quality program together.
Savta Goose on the Loose / Mother Goose on the Loose in Hebrew®
Experience a version of Mother Goose on the Loose in Hebrew and learn how to present it to your community.
Inclusive Mother Goose on the Loose®
Explore different ways to adapt the Mother Goose on the Loose program for children with disabilities.
We can also adapt the workshop to fit your needs.
Mother Goose on the Loose training options include:
- An all-day workshop with information about baby brain development and school readiness, as well as a hands-on Mother Goose on the Loose session. By the end of this workshop, participants should feel comfortable planning and running programs of their own.
- A two hour workshop or half-day MGOL workshop presented by Dr. Betsy Diamant-Cohen.
- Training for non-Spanish speakers who want to present MGOL in Spanish for their library families
- Training for preschool or Sunday School teachers who want to incorporate Hebrew language rhymes and songs into their circle times.
- An additional section focusing on how MGOL can be adapted to accommodate children of differing abilities.