How to Bring MGOL to Your Community
The best way to bring Mother Goose on the Loose to your community is to advocate for it.
If you are a parent or caregiver, call your local library and ask if they offer Mother Goose on the Loose. If your library is not already offering MGOL, ask them to consider trying it.
- Contact the head of youth services or outreach or the library director.
- Tell them about your own experiences with MGOL.
- Explain that it is a fantastic opportunity for parents and young children.
- Ask them to have a look at this website, and to contact us!
- Or, if you'd rather use email, write your own or click here for a sample email text requesting MGOL at your library, mentioning some of the benefits that the program offers families and libraries.
Public libraries are great resources for families and children. To find a public library near your home, click here (for a great list of Public Libraries in the United States).
If you are a librarian and your would like to bring MGOL to your community, read on!